Making an Impact
In moving towards creating a sustainable business we will need to explore new funding avenues, service deliveries and innovative ideas. In other words, we must have our finger on the pulse of our clients’ changing needs and be versatile enough to adapt to these changes.v
By prioritising our clients, we will be able to design our services around best practice, program logics and most importantly, their feedback. It is only through giving our clients what they want in the way they want it, that we will truly be fulfilling their needs and our purpose.
By enhancing and modernising its public profile, Better Place Australia can positively influence government, policy makers, funders and the wider community. It can play a powerful educative role among front line workers and the sector generally.
By providing empowerment and tools, Better Place Australia makes a great difference within families, workplaces, neighbourhoods and the Victorian community. It transforms lives, bringing some of its clients back from the brink. It provides surety and relief to older Victorians whose family relationships are being damaged by elder abuse.
Better Place Australia’s purpose is to help its clients to take their lives somewhere better than they’ve been.
An Australia where all people experience positive relationships, truly value each other, and live safer, more confident lives
We help people to become more resilient, to empower them and to enjoy healthier relationships, by building their skills and knowledge, giving guidance and tools, and
supporting them through challenging times.
Our Guiding Principles
All people matter to us: Everyone, regardless of background, has the right to be treated with respect, dignity, professionalism, promptness and care – that’s why we exist
People can learn and be empowered: With the right support and assistance, all people can personally develop and achieve their goals
Innovate everyday: Continuously look for ways to do things better, be more effective, provide more support and make life easier for clients
Personal safety is paramount: The safety of staff and clients is central to all we do
Our Strategic Objectives
Our focus on business sustainability requires the pursuit and practice of these five strategic pillars and key priorities:
1. Make a Difference
- Use rigorous, evidence based approaches to service delivery and community engagement
- Measure the impact of what we do and how we can do it better
- Develop a workplace where staff feel supported, proud and committee
- Implement a public health framework for service delivery informed by prevention
2. Growth and Sustainability
- Through growing our funding base better meet service demands and enable easier access for clients
- Diversify as an organisation, and expand the breadth and depth of services
- Focus on providing clients with a seamless, gapless, wrap-around model of care
- Invest wisely for good returns and capital growth
- Cultivate leaders and develop talent across the organisation
- Develop a culture that embraces change, innovation and revels in new ways of working
- Experiment with new technologies to better service clients and provide easier access
4. Brand and Reputation
- Build a strong sector brand
- Grow our influence across stakeholders, policy makers and the sector
- Conduct valuable research as a means of advocacy to decision makers to inform better community
- Be a prominent & credible media commentator on key issues impacting communities